Vitamin B17 or laetrile or Amygdalin is among the main components of food in cultures like Hunzas, Eskimos, Abkasians etc. No wonder these tribes have never ever reported a cancer case. As per dedicated Biochemist Dr. Ernst Krebs, instrumental in bringing B17 to the modern world, we need at least a minimum of 100 mg of B17 or around 7 apricot seeds to almost guarantee a cancer free life. Here are some of the major foods that contain this amazing cancer fighting substance:
1. Seeds of Fruits or Kernels: These have the highest concentration of B17 in nature apart from bitter almonds. Seeds of apricot, cherry, apple, peach, nectarine, plum, pear & prune contain good amounts of laetrile.
2. Nuts: Macadamia, Bitter Almond, Cashew.
3. Beans: Burma, Broad (Vicia faba), lentils (sprouted), mung (sprouted), lima, Scarlet runner, Rangoon
4. Berries: Nearly all wild berries- Chokeberry, Blackberry, Christmas berry, Elderberry, Raspberry, Cranberry, Strawberry.
5. Grasses: Acacia, Aquatic, Alfaalfa (sprouted), Milkweed, Sudan, Minus, white dover, wheat grass.
6. Seeds: Flax, Chia, Sesame.
7. Miscellaneous: Fuschia plant, Bamboo shoots, Yew tree (Fresh Leaves, needles), Wild Hydrangea.
As per Dr. Krebs, the required daily dose of B17 (as cancer preventive) can be obtained by following either of the below methods.
Method 1: Eating B17 containing whole fruits but avoiding eating more seeds than you would have eaten if you have had whole fruit. For instance, if you eat 3-4 apples per day, the amount of B17 in the seeds of 3-4 apples is sufficient. There is no need to consume a pound of seeds.
Method 2: One apricot or peach per 10lbs of body weight is more than enough to be used as a cancer preventive, though exact numbers can vary from individual to individual as per dietary habits and metabolism strength. For instance, a 170lbs woman can consume 17 peach or apricot kernels per day and should have biologically sufficient amount of daily B17 intake.
An important thing to note- Too much of anything is bad. Eating more seeds or kernels than required may produce some side effects. It is important to consume these foods in biologically reasonable amounts.
You can get maximum amount of Vitamin B17 from your food when eating them in sprouting or raw form. However, some tampering or moderate cooking of food will still have good amounts of B17.